Byways Breaks, cycling and walking holidays in the gentle Shropshire and Cheshire countryside.
We know the best places to stay and our cycling and walking routes are carefully planned to explore the most beautiful countryside, visit places of interest, and stop at the best pubs and tea shops.
All holidays are self led, so you have the freedom to explore at your own pace. Choose from a range of holidays including touring holidays, where you stay somewhere different each night (while we move your luggage) or one centre based breaks. Cycling and walking distances are flexible and there are routes suitable for all abilities. Holidays can start on any day, and you choose from a range of accommodation from comfortable farms to country house hotels.
- Comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation
- Carefully chosen, flexible routes, suitable for all abilities
- Detailed directions, maps
- Background information about places of interest, best pubs and tea shops
- Quality bikes (on cycling holidays) with helmets, tool kits
- Full back-up including daily luggage transfer so you travel light
Walkers accommodation booking and luggage transfer service
We also provide route planning, accommodation booking and luggage transfer service on a selection of trail walks including Offas Dyke Path, Llangollen Canal, Shropshire Way and Glyndwr’s Way. We tailor this service to meet your requirements – so plan the route with you, make accommodation bookings and payments as well as arrange for your luggage to be moved each day.